Ubisoft Announces Chess Instruction Games

Ubisoft Announces Chess Instruction Games
Learn how to play chess, or people will laugh at you.
by Ryan Geddes
August 10, 2007 - Two chess instruction games are on the way from Ubisoft - a portable version for the Nintendo DS as well as a PC version.

Chessmaster: The Art of Learning for the DS and Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition for the PC are scheduled for an October release.

Both games feature Josh Waitzkin, International Master and eight-time National Chess Champion, who teaches the fundamentals of the game and walks players through chess courses and tutorials.

The DS version will include multiplayer wireless modes and six original minigames, including the mildly disturbing-sounding "Fork My Fruit."

Players will also have access to 900 of the world's most important chess games, which are analyzed to help players improve their tactics.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the recent posts! Its nice to see some life here.-Luke
Rook Van Winkle said…
I wondered if Ubisoft had given up on the Chessmaster series - it seems like a long time since Chessmaster 10 came out. I'm not a big fan of playing chess against a computer program, but I did buy Chessmaster 10. I don't play chess against it, but I do like using a lot of its educational features.

BTW, I got a chuckle when I came across you site - there was something about the look of it that was oddly familiar... to see why visit Rook Van Winkle's Chess Blog to see what I mean. ;-)

Take a look at Rook Van Winkle's Chess Blog-
“A chess blog of general interest for beginning and novice chess players on the benefits of playing and enjoying the game of chess, with a special focus on middle-aged (and older) players.”

Popular Posts