Lover's Spat

Well, this has reached my inbox somehow. Here is a conversation between Gata Kamsky and Nigel Short, witnessed by thousands as it was played out on the Playchess Server:

"Gentleman, Let's have a clean fight, Break when I tell you to. Good luck!"

Nigel Short: Gata, in our 1994 match you delivered a written protest to the arbiter accusing me of visiting the bathroom too often. Was that done to disturb me, or because you thought I had a desktop hidden in the cubicle?
Gata Kamsky: ask me something i can remember nigel
Nigel Short: I remember it well, Gata.
Gata Kamsky: all i remember is that you started talking to me during the game
Nigel Short: Yes, and the arbiter had overheard a conversation between your father and yourself immediately after the game. He told you to complain. You said that there was nothing to complain about. And yet within the hour there was yet another written protest about me cheating during this match.
Nigel Short: I guess Daddy had his way
Gata Kamsky: i would be careful with making assumptions
Gata Kamsky: back then i didn't understood your dirty psychological tricks nigel
Nigel Short: I was also accused of "looking at Anand too much"
Nigel Short: and what a pity that the match organisers failed to erect a wall on the stage , like you insisted that they must
Gata Kamsky: nigel you had your chance against garry no?
Gata Kamsky: so stop complaining
Nigel Short: I do remember the death threat from your father, delivered in an extremely irate manner about 2cm from my face.
Gata Kamsky: so talk to my father about it
Gata Kamsky: lol
Nigel Short: "Talk to my father"? Why not "talk to Danailov"? we can all benefit from hiding behind our henchmen
Gata Kamsky: nice try nigel
Gata Kamsky: trying to do others all work for you?
Nigel Short (il répond à Susan Polgar): they have relevance, Susan. It is the only time in my career I have accused of cheating. I was accused repeatedly. There are obvious similarities with the current match.
Nigel Short: the only thing that Danailov has not done is to physically threaten Kramnik with death
Gata Kamsky: i have no idea what you're trying to drag me and my dad back into nigel
Nigel Short: No doubt you would prefer to remember the result, rather than the manner in which it was attained, Gata.
Gata Kamsky: you mean your little dirty tricks ?
Gata Kamsky: we can go all day, you have your opinion and i have mine. So let's leave it at that
Nigel Short: It is funny, how you are the only person to have observed that I am a cheat, Gata. Indeed the protests and accusations went on even when you were 3-0 up. I must have been the most inept cheat in history.
Gata Kamsky: nigel
Gata Kamsky: i don't want to talk about it, but if you want to do something about this, we can settle this like real men, outside. I'll be waiting
Nigel Short: Yes. That is exactly how your Dad wanted to settle it too.
Gata Kamsky: it is YOUR problem
Gata Kamsky: but your insinuations are insulting me
Gata Kamsky: so put up or shut up
Nigel Short: Your comments reveal a complete abdication of responsibility. A player is 100% responsible for the actions of his delegation


It's pissing matches like these that really make you wish Chess-Boxing was a real sport...

Comments

Popular Posts